Friday 6 November 2009

Everyone's Talking About: David Koma

Not recognise David Koma's name?

Well you'll certainly recognise his designs as they've been seen on two of the worlds most gorgeous popstars in the past two weeks.

Last Saturday, Cheryl Cole caused a media storm by wearing his dress on the X-Factor, which divided the nations opinion, and just last night, superstar Beyonce also wore one of his designs from the same autumn/winter 09-10 collection at the MTV EMA awards.

Of the appearance of his design on the big stage, Koma, a Central Saint Martins graduate told Vogue.com: "I have been working with Beyoncé and her team to create a unique dress and knew there was a possibility she may wear it, but when I saw her last night she looked absolutely incredible!

"Beyonce represents the ideal woman that inspires me, I'm delighted that she wore my dress to collect her award and feel privileged and incredibly proud that a worldwide superstar has shown such support."

Koma, who has won the Harrods design award and the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Merit Award is overwhelmed by the reaction to his collection and amazed Cheryl wore his design on the X-Factor saying:

"Cheryl is an amazing, beautiful, super sexy woman - I really like her and I was very flattered when I saw her in my dress," Koma went on. "This week I'm a happy man, it's a very exciting time right now!"

SOURCE: Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment