Monday 22 November 2010

FIRST LANVIN FOR H&M, NOW VALENTINO FOR GAP


There are major collaborations happening right now between the differnet spectrums of the fashion world...

First we had Lanvin designing for H&M, now legendary Italian label Valentino have designed a collection for the home of 'american casual' Gap.

The collection is part of Gap celebrating it's first store in Milan.

I must say, I was quite surprised when I heard the news- seeing as the two labels are just so vastly different and wasn't sure it could quite work...

And does it?

Well, for me, I'm afraid not.

I know I should be jumping on the bandwagon saying how 'amazing' it is, because everyone else is, but it's really not that good in my opinion.

It's basically casual clothes, just with a few frills- literally.

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to go casual, I just keep it simple, otherwise it just doesn't work.

Valentino designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli hope the designs will help the label appeal to 'a new younger generation of women'.

Check out some of the collection here to make up your own mind...


Cropped Jacket, £89.95 and Short ruffle jacket, £119.95



Cargo pants, £99.95, Short ruffle jacket, £119.95



Cargo pants, £99.95

No comments:

Post a Comment